Portable Proportional Braking System Proportional braking is even braking, your towed car´s brakes respond to your motorhomes brakes at the same time and the same intensity.
Even Brake…Even Safer.
Even Brake is the ultimate portable, proportional towed vehicle braking system. It automatically increases or decreases braking pressure in direct proportion to the motorhome.
In other words, it brakes evenly — at the same time, and at the same intensity, as you brake the motorhome.
Proportional braking is a distinct advantage over "on-or-off" systems, which brake at one preset level, no matter how hard the motorhome stops. Even Brake delivers full emergency braking when you need it, and won’t cause excessive brake wear when you don’t. Nobody brakes the same way every time — and neither does Even Brake.
Easy as 1 - 2 - 3 to connect!
Position Even Brake between seat and brake pedal. Adjust the Even Brake pedal clamp over brake pedal.
Slide the driver’s seat up to Even Brake.
Plug in the wiring harness cord, the power cord, and press the Test button. Ready...Set...Tow!
Click below for a features comparison chart:
Even Brake vs. the leading competitor
• Full-time proportional braking — proportional braking is even braking — your towed vehicle’s brakes respond to your motorhome’s brakes, at the same time and at the same intensity.
• Constant self-diagnostic testing — Even Brake monitors its own performance constantly, and any change in system status is transmitted to the motorhome monitor. Even Brake is the only supplemental braking system that checks itself, so you don’t have to — a glance at the monitor assures you that Even Brake is fully operational.
• ‘Power Save’ low battery protection — Even Brake warns you of a low battery in the towed vehicle with LED and LCD alerts at the motorhome monitor, giving you time to recharge the battery. If the battery’s voltage drops too low, Even Brake goes into sleep mode, while retaining emergency braking power.
• Terrain-Sensing Logic' — Even Brake adjusts itself to uphill or downhill grades, and to rough terrain, by automatically leveling itself. Because it's always level, Even Brake always brakes with maximum efficiency.
• Automatic brake protection — the monitor alerts you after an extended period of continuous braking, then Even Brake releases braking pressure, avoiding excessive wear on the towed vehicle's brakes.
• Easily adjusts to individual braking preferences — adjust braking force and sensitivity at the touch of a button.
• On-board memory — even when unplugged, Even Brake will remember your adjustment settings, and will automatically level itself.
• Completely portable — easily transfer from vehicle to vehicle without expensive labor fees; connects and disconnects in seconds.
• Automatically delivers maximum braking pressure in an emergency or a break away situation — Even Brake works the most when you need it the most.
• Small and lightweight — fits in virtually all vehicles, with plenty of "elbow room" under the steering wheel and dash.
• High-capacity air compressor — recovers quicker — ready for the next stop nearly twice as fast as other systems.
• Adjustable brake pedal clamp — fits brake pedals that other systems can't.
• Adjustable monitor lights — bright for daytime driving; dimmer switch allows the monitor lights to be dimmed for nighttime driving.
• Four independently adjustable feet — for a stable platform in vehicles with uneven floors.
Even Brake’s monitor gives you complete,
continuous braking information — at a glance.
Even Brake stays in constant communication with the motorhome, and with you. It reports any braking activity, or a change in system status, to a wireless monitor in the motorhome.
The monitor SHOWS you:
• An LED display across the top of the monitor illuminates when Even Brake is applying the brakes, or if there is any change in the braking system. The LED display is a quick, visual reference — a green, yellow or red light.
• Simultaneously, an LCD text message directly below the LED explains the current braking condition, in complete detail.
The monitor TELLS you —
• In addition to the LED display and the LCD text message, an audio tone will alert you toan emergency braking condition.
Please click on any of the detail circles for more information
about Even Brake components: